Monday, October 5, 2015

Singapore: Tiger's Milk


The newly launched Club Hotel at Ann Siang seems to be getting the F&B mix right with this new Peruvian rooftop bar, B28 in the basement, The Disgruntled Chef and more. Anyway I was excited to check out Tiger's Milk since we don't have a Peruvian place in SG yet and I was frequenting the ones in Shanghai pretty often in my time there. Hey, the charming setting doesn't hurt too.


Food wise, I haven't been to Peru so I'm no authority. But it definitely measured up to what I had in Shanghai at least. The sea bass ceviche was super spicy and tart; and the causa which had prawn, avo and mayo filled me up pleasantly. The pisco cocktails were not bad too. I started with a pisco sour and also tried the one with a flambĂ©ed passionfruit that smelled divine. Lovely service by Mike at the bar. The music was a bit too loud and clubby indoors but I liked the easygoing and colourful vibes of the place. Well I suppose if you can't get to Peru, Peru comes to you. 

PS: Tiger's milk aka tigre de leche refers to the marinade of citrus, chilli and coconut milk that cures and cooks the raw fish. Kinda like an atas yusheng (the one you eat with porridge) as what my friends would say. 

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment