Monday, October 5, 2015

Singapore: Clinton Street Baking Company

I've already been here twice since its opening because it's really near the office. I haven't had to wait for long on both occasions since I came abit off peak lunch hour. It's not queue-for-2-hours-in-Manhattan-fabulous but more of a comfort food meets junk food meets all day brunch concept. Sometimes you just feel like having something like that instead of #eatclean ancient grains or a nourishing bowl of noodle soup, y'know what I mean?

The pancakes here were really moist and fluffy and I liked the Spanish scramble with chorizo too. The fried chicken and waffles were disappointing for me and the sweet potato fries came out too burnt and soggy. But that didn't stop my dining companion from mopping everything up. Huge portions at friendly prices too so this is one of my go to places when I'm feeling greedy - I'll just stick to my faves. Haven't tried the one in NYC so I can't compare.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment